Choosing an architect is of course an important decision. The time you spend with your architect will not only be lengthy, but will involve in-depth discussion about your home and the way you live in it. For this reason we offer a free consultation meeting (at your home / at your convenience) before the start of every project.
What can you expect from this first meeting.
- It gives us a chance to see the site and assess the feasibility of any design ideas you may already have.
- It gives us a chance to offer you design ideas and technical solutions that you hadn't thought of.
- It allows us to assess the planning implications of your proposals and whether or not the work can be done under permitted development.
- It allows us to advise you on the structural implications of your proposals and at what stage a structural engineer should get involved.
- It allows us to advise you on the current building regulations and what must be done in order to comply.
- It gives us a chance to talk you through the entire process of building and how we work through each of the various stages.
- It gives us a chance to estimate a build cost for the project and make sure that you are aware of all other likely costs / fees.
- It gives us a chance to discuss realistic time scales for the various stages of your project.
It is our job to be thinking ahead
When we first visit there are many things that we will be looking at while discussing your ideas. While the overall design will be the main topic of discussion, it is our job to be thinking ahead, beyond the initial design, to the practicalities of how things will actually be built.
If appropriate, appointment documents will be e-mailed / posted to you immediately after our visit.